Thursday, May 18, 2017

Re-Loglanizing the Alphabet

Going back to my original inspiration, how about I use the Loglan alphabet, slightly modified:

b, d, f, h, k, l, m, n, p, r, s, t, v, z all as in English.

c= /S/ as in SHe
therefore tc = /tS/ as in CHeese
g always as in Goat
j = /Z/ as in meaSure
therfore
dj = /dZ/ as in John
q = /N/ as in baNG

So far that's the way I had it in Tjeqli version one. Now for some differences.

Like Loglan, I and U become semivowels when next to other vowels, unless set off with a hyphen:

pia = PYAH, pi-a = PEE-ah
taulo = TOW-loh, ta-ulo = ta-OO-loh

Anybody have a better idea than using the hyphen this way? I was going to use an apostrophe, but I want to reserve that to indicate stress when necessary.

That leaves x, y, and w. X can be used as I said before as a letter modifier as in
tx= /T/. w can be schwa. What can y do?
------------
Input has convinced me that y should = schwa, which leaves w as a free letter.

No comments:

Post a Comment